Thank you for checking out the SeaSAW Study! As of January 28th, 2018 We are no longer recruiting for new participants.
We want to learn more about what kids eat & drink! We’re hoping you can help with the SeaSAW Study
Researchers at Seattle Children’s want to learn about how kids and their families consume, and make choices about shopping for foods and beverages. The Seattle Shopping and Wellness (SeaSAW) study is for kids and their parents.
Research is always voluntary!
Would the study be a good fit for me?
This study might be a good fit for you if:
- You have a child who is 7-10 years old OR 12-15 years old
- You live in King County in one of our study areas
- You and your child speak English, Spanish, or Vietnamese
What would happen if I took part in the study?
If you decide to take part in the research study:
- You and your child would complete a short phone interview or online survey about your food and beverage buying and consumption habits (about 20 minutes)
- You (the parent) would complete a short online survey about your household
- You would do all of this now, then again in six months, one year from now, and two years from now
- Please see the enclosed information sheet for complete study details.
Families who participate will receive a $50.00 gift card at each time point to thank them for their time.
You can contact us at (206) 884-2107, at email@example.com or click the link below to get started now!
The principal researcher for this study is Dr. Brian Saelens at Seattle Children’s Research Institute.